The “Enabling a Platform” Use Case Playbook Helps Companies Deploy Collaborative Economy Programs
Catalyst Companies is pleased to deliver the final installment of the Collaborative Economy Use Case Playbook series: the “Enabling a Platform” business model. The playbook assists council members in establishing Collaborative Economy initiatives by outlining resources required, recommended vendors, an implementation process, pitfalls to avoid, starter metrics, and more.
Get a sneak peek at the playbook below!
Within the Enabling a Platform model, Catalyst Companies has identified six use cases for Collaborative Economy program development. These are outlined within the playbook:
- Crowdfunding: Funding a project or venture by raising many small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically through an online platform. Can be used externally and internally.
- Co-Innovation of Ideas: Turning to internal (employees) or external (customers, public) crowds to submit ideas for innovation, solve problems, create products and services, and identify new opportunities for your business.
- Makers Partner: Partnering with “Makers” – individuals and groups that physically or digitally make craft goods – to produce new, interesting, and/or authentic products that complement your brand’s existing product or service line.
- Crowd-Based Supply Chain: Using crowd-based workers to improve and/or bring efficiencies to your supply chain in delivery and shipping, storage, risk management, and product innovation.
- Crowd-Based Marketing: Seeking input from your followers and customers to efficiently create and ideate new, diverse content campaigns and initiatives.
- Crowd-Based Customer Care: Harness informed customers and experts to field support questions and tasks for your products and services in place of, or in addition to, an internal customer service department. Crowd-based customer care is often cheaper and more efficient.
This is part three of three playbooks delivered in 2016, covering the Collaborative Economy business models: Brand as a Service; Marketplace Model, and Enable a Platform (see below).
Members can access the Enabling a Platform playbook, and the other playbooks, in full. To become a Catalyst Companies member, please contact Jeremiah Owyang.